OLTRE IL CONFINE
Marco Albino Ferrari retraces the key phases in the life of the climber Ettore Castiglioni and tries to reveal the mystery of his death. The story is accompanied by extracts from the mountaineer’s diary, recounting his hopes and fears. From Milan to a cablecar climbing up the side of the mountain, from an abandoned barracks to a hidden mountain hut, which was where he took refuge after 8 September and was based during his activities as a partisan.
Film festival attendances and awards:
- Trento Film Festival 2017 "BEST ITALIAN DOCUMENTARY BY AND ITALIAN AUTHOR" Imola City Award
- Festival International du Film Alpin Des Diablerets (Switzerland)
- Sestriere Film Festival 2017 "FIRST"
- Lessinia Film Festival 2017 "BEST MOVIE ON THE ALPS" Cassa Rurale Bassa Vallagarina Award
- FICMUS Festival Internacional de Cine de Montaña Ushuaia Shh "Premio al Personaje: Ettore Castiglioni" (Argentina)
- Overtime Film festival (sport festival) selected with this motivation "Due to the content importance and the project quality, we are pleased to communicate you that your movie had been select"
- Milano Mountaion Film Festival "JURY AWARD"